I was watching with interest the antics of some kids a the local recreation ground. They seemed to be very busy near the cricket pavillion. Nothing unusual these days I suppose, there are lots of activities going on – not things I worry especially about. Suddenly there was a shout for help and a chap nearer to it than me shot over to lend a hand. He then called for someone to call the emergency services a s a p. It turns out one of the young gaggle of lads had fallen through the pavillion roof and was dangling, having been caught by some broken beams and debris. This incident took on an even greater emphasis when the police arrived as asbestos was found to be in the roof cladding. So although they caused criminal damage, they’d actually done the village a good turn by discovering this dangerous material. Specialist removal contractors were summonsed for immediate making safe of the site.